Sunday, September 04, 2005

Birth of an idea

So often we sit watching tragedies unfold on television and feel there is nothing we can do except make a donation. Hurricane Katrina moved me to tears watching pictures nightly of children hopeless and babies in diapers with nothing else to their name. I made my donation but I wanted to do more.

I have always adored teddy bears and know how often they can often feel like our only friend and sole confident - their hug always unconditional. To see so many children without that kind of friend made me decide to act. I do not want to take away from any donation to major charities that will enable food, clothes and life essentials to children this is something you can do personally after that donation.

I am asking people to send me a teddy bear so that one by one we can return a friend to those who at this moment feel they have none.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home